Statement is seeking an associate design director to join our growing, women-led creative team. This role would be for an exceptional senior brand-focused graphic designer, who wants to grow in their leadership and mentorship skills amongst a design team. 70% of time would be allocated to design, 30% allocated to design direction. The right candidate has an ability to make creative solutions for financial services, healthcare, tech and nonprofits look refined, modern and innovative. They are passionate about their craft, with an “always consuming, always learning” mindset when it comes to inspiration, trends and tech innovations.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 6 years of strategic design experience, ideally in an agency environment
- The ability to think independently and strategically. You’re curious and approach your projects with questions first, then hit the canvas to provide creative solutions
- A comfort working around ambiguity. You’re a very quick idea generator, but you also refine and polish with an incredible attention to detail throughout the design process to deliver (and sometimes over-deliver) the best solutions.
- Familiarity working with complex brands and large organizations that require big visionary ideas and execution precision. You can shift style to adapt to clients' needs
- A very refined eye for design principles, color and typography. Illustration skills a plus.
- A mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and good with prototyping tools like Figma or XD
- Digitally savvy with proven versatility - you’ve spent a good part of your career creating design solutions for information heavy, brand-focused landing pages, websites, email and social, but feel just as confident in creating compelling work for long-format InDesign reports and brochures too.
- You have a truly collaborative approach. You believe egos have no place in creating the best work as a team.
- You have good client-facing presentation and communication skills and feel comfortable talking about your work.
- Experience working in Asana and Google Drive a plus
What you’ll do for us:
- Work with our tech, financial services, healthcare and nonprofit clients to create solutions across digital and print mediums.
- Work closely with our writers and developers to conceptualize ideas from the start.
- Own, delegate and oversee the execution of large-scale and smaller-scale projects.
- Oversee and provide feedback on the work of junior, intermediate and senior designers. Work closely with the agency’s creative directors and help influence the agency's brand identity and social media presence.
- Uphold, refine and enforce the agency’s design best practices
What we’ll do for you:
- Give you the chance to build your creative and leadership skills
- Encourage you to learn, experiment and bring fresh ideas to the table
- Trust you to own your work and measure success by outputs, not inputs
- Never ask you to work all weekend
- Support you as a professional and a person – we’re a friendly and focused group of creatives who work hard and have fun together
You’ll fit in here if you’re:
- A go-getter (you don’t sit around to be told what to do, and ambiguity doesn’t scare you)
- A passionate creative (you live and breathe design)
- Responsible (people always liked working on group assignments with you in school)
- Curious (you start with “why?”)
- A digital native (you know what information architecture and responsive design entails)
- Positive (continues to learn from, and respond to, feedback in a diplomatic way)
This is a three-month contract position with potential to extend.
To be considered, please send a brief intro on why you are interested in Statement and this role. Include your resume, salary requirements and your best work examples and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.