Statement is seeking an ambitious copy editor and writer to join our growing creative agency.
The right candidate has exceptional editorial skills with an immaculate eye for detail. We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable working with long-form and short-form communications, has a genuine interest in digital marketing trends, and has definite opinions on the Oxford comma.
You’ll work alongside our content director and our lineup of social impact-focused clients to help us tell compelling brand stories and power effective content marketing programs.
This is a full-time, three-month contract position with potential to extend.
This role is a great fit if you’re excited by:
- the opportunity to own your own work and be the expert on it (i.e., we won’t micromanage you)
- writing and editing everything from white papers and blogs to social and video (don’t worry – we’ll help you out if you need direction)
- working with clients in behavioral health, tech, financial health and more
- learning from our content and design leaders, who will challenge and champion you
- bringing new ideas to the table
- immersing yourself in all things digital marketing
- the chance to collaborate with our design and account teams and help build our fast-growing agency
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of copywriting and editing experience, ideally in an agency environment or as part of an in-house marketing team
- A deep and abiding love of Associated Press style and the ability to root out copy errors in any document
- A gift for identifying the key takeaways in any piece of writing and for turning dense client materials into compelling content
- Meticulous attention to detail – you’ll serve as quality control for every client communication you touch
- Experience in developing, maintaining and following brand editorial standards
- Experience working within large brand programs strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial services and technology industries a plus
- Experience working in Asana and Google Drive a plus
To be considered, please send your resume, salary requirements and three writing samples to email@example.com.